Q: Car engine replacement

I have 2002 camry 4 cyl 2.2l need a new engine. My question is what are the engines or car models that fit to my car. My second question is how much it cost to install an engine to my car Thanks

The 2002 and 2003 Camry and Solara, at least, used that engine. Inasmuch as engines are computer controlled, replacements have to be absolutely EXACT, otherwise the engine may not even start because the engine sensor interface with the existing PCM is incomplete or unrecognized. The only safe strategy in buying an engine for a modern car is go with a rebuilder catalog and in particular the casting numbers must match exactly or the interchange must be OEM recognized. If casting numbers (head and block) do not match you will end up with the wrong engine because the engine mounts won’t line up and the accessories could be in the wrong spot compared to what you have. The least risky option is to buy a crate (totally remanufactured) engine and to give you a VERY ROUGH idea of what the installed cost of that would be, it would be around $5,000 (roughly). If you are going to the trouble of putting in a new engine, you should re-build the transmission at the same time because the transmission would be out of the vehicle as well and thus accessible. Engine swapping is cost-effective as it avoids the need to buy another car. Some certified mechanics in certain locales serviced by YourMechanic will do engine replacements and you can check with YourMechanic to see if that service is available in your area. Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

3. Car engine replacement