Q: My car won’t start. The dash lights don’t turn on when I turn the key. There is a new battery in it. Start when jumped.

asked by on October 21, 2017

When I turn the key the dash lights don’t turn on and it doesn’t crank. One time I got it to start when jumping it but battery shouldn’t be the problem because I just bought a new battery to put in. I’ve tried cleaning a lot of my grounds also.

It sounds like the ground wire itself could be faulty. I would recommend replacing the ground wire itself and this should re gain power in your electrical system.