How do you create a MyKey? fusion keys ford 2012

Q: How do you create a MyKey?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you create a MyKey?

While the keys to your car have to be programmed to work with the ignition and the computer by a professional, you can create your own MyKey (or keys). Here’s what you need to know:

1. Crank the car with the key you want to program.

2. Press the Setup button in the message center.

3. When you see “Press Reset to create MyKey,” press the Reset button again.

4. You’ll now see a message that reads, “Hold Reset to confirm MyKey.”

5. Hold the Reset button down.

6. After two seconds, you’ll see a message that reads, “Mark this as restricted.”

7. Don’t do anything for a second or two and the message will change to, “Key restricted at next start.”

Your MyKey is now programmed and will be set up with the standard restrictions. Make sure you keep it separate from the regular keys to the car.