Q: Engine light flashing. Car not getting speed and putting out

Car takes forever to get speed especially when air conditioner is on. Car is putting while we drive as if it's going to die out. Engine light is flashing but no smell. Car is caught up on oil changes and fluids with new battery and alternator. One slowed down at stop sign, car takes a very long time to get speed. No smoke or smell just a car that doesn't want to go.

The Check Engine Light is flashing to tell you that you should get to a safe stopping point so you do not damage the engine or the catalyst of the car. The Check Engine Light does not tell you what is wrong, but that you have a problem and will need to have the codes diagnosed](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection) and inspected thoroughly. Your problem will require the ECM to be scanned by a mechanic. I recommend that you do not drive it until getting it tested since, by your description, you may have a throttle body or sensor problem that could make it unsafe to drive the car.

3. Engine light flashing. Car not getting speed and putting out