Q: Engine vibrates then becomes full shake as if wanting to turn off but no check engine light on side note 2016 Nissan Altima 44,000

asked by on March 01, 2018

Bought the car a month ago from dealer, says on car fax and lease that it was a rental but after 2 days of driving it the engine started with a small vibration that turned into a full shake as if it were going to turn off. This happens more so when at a stop and/or in park with or without a/c or heater on and there is no check engine light so dealership wont do anything.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

Hi Elsa. Thanks for contacting us today. There are a few reasons why a car will vibrate like you are describing. Typically, the most common source is that the engine or motor mounts are worn out. This tends to happen quicker on rental cars (as people tend to abuse these vehicles more than their normal cars - which can prematurely wear out these mounts). Another possible source is that a fuel system component (like the mass air flow sensor or fuel injectors) are dirty or clogged with carbon deposits. I think the best thing to do is have a professional mechanic complete a car is vibrating inspection, so they can test the vehicle to determine what repairs will be needed to resolve this problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr