Q: Doors auto-lock steps not working as the manual stated.

Hi Eng. i would like to set all doors autolock when shift out of P and unlock on P please advise.

Hi there. To program your locks on your vehicle to the shifter, perform the following steps:

Steps To Program the Door Locks

• Set the parking brake
  • Be sure that all the doors are closed
  • Place the ignition switch in the “ON” position
  • Place the transmission gear selector in the “P” position (PARK)
  • Wait 10 seconds after turning the ignition switch to the “ON” position, then press and hold the driver’s side power door lock switch in the unlock position for 5 seconds

All of the doors will lock and unlock to indicate that the programming was successful. If you need further assistance with your door locks, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.