Q: car vibrates bad off and on at an idle and driving

Really bad vibrations (feels like from the passenger from side of the car) it doesnt happen all the time but pretty regularly lately. When you turn too sharp it will pop too. I am thinking maybe a bad cv axle shaft, but the vibrations while at an idle make me unsure. Can a bad cv shaft cause the car to vibrate at an idle?

A: Hello. You may have a few issues going on. ...

Hello. You may have a few issues going on. It does sound like you have a bad axle. That will cause the noise when turning.

The vibration is more than likely caused by bad engine mounts. Bad mounts will allow the engine to vibrate and cause the symptoms you're experiencing. The mounts will also cause the axle to fail from excessive movement.

The mounts and the axles need to be checked for wear and replaced accordingly. If you are going to have this repaired, consider having the vehicle looked at by a certified mechanic who can come to your home or office to diagnose the source of the vibrations you're experiencing.