Q: 2003 g35 fault codes, p1212 p1610 p1612 u1001. Car turns on runs at idle when dies

asked by on June 16, 2017

My 2003 g35 mt coupe is currently able turn on, and run to idle, but then it's turns off. P1212 p1610 p1612 and u1001 are the codes that came up. Plz help

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It looks like you’ve got quite a few Infinity specific trouble codes that might point to the source of your start then shut off problem. The one that is troubling and confusing is the P1612 code, which indicates a problem with the security code and link from the key to the ECU. If you have recently changed the battery of the FOB key, it’s possible that it needs to be reprogrammed to resolve this issue. However, if it’s something else, it could be the ECU itself; which unfortunately is not a service we offer. However, it would be a good idea to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection, to see if they can isolate the source of these issues and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr