Q: Car dropping battery charge on start up, then dying after driving for a bit

My battery is brand new as is my alternator, my car would start up with a fully charged battery but as soon as it does the betters loses half its charge. It is able to drive for about 25-30 minutes then would die, after getting it jump started I am able to drive it again for about 15-20 minutes and dies again. I don't not understand what is happening the the charge since it is a 3 day old battery. All my ground and wires are connected and cleaned, I can not find the problem just by looking at it. Help! Thank you.

Hi there:

Once your engines starts, the job of the battery is complete and falls on the alternator to power all vehicle accessories and electrical systems. The issue may be with the alternator or some of the electrical relays that distribute power to these components; as opposed to the battery itself. To be certain, you might want to contact a mobile mechanic from YourMechanic.com to complete a battery won’t hold a charge inspection; so they can determine precisely what’s causing this issue with your Audi.

• Car dropping battery charge on start up, then dying after driving for a bit