Q: Why won't my car start after replacing fuel pump

asked by on July 05, 2017

I replaced my fuel pump assembly an my car won't start nor crank over all I get is a click click noise..all light an radio comes on

Hi there. In general, when an engine just ’clicks’ when you turn the key, it’s due to an electrical relay that is damaged, battery or battery cables that are worn out or broken or a broken fuse. Any or many of these systems could be the reason why your car won’t start after completing a fuel pump replacement; especially if the car battery cables were not removed prior to the removal of electrical wires powering the fuel pump. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can isolate the source of your problem and recommend the right repairs.