Q: Car jerking with flashing check engine light.

2006 vs passat 2.0t. Jerking up hills, starting off and when idling. Check engine light flashes and stays illuminated. Codes are p000a and p0304. What could be the issue?

If your Check Engine Light is flashing, you need to stop driving it until it is fixed. A flashing Check Engine Light is warning you that there is a fire danger because there is to much raw fuel entering the catalytic converter. Catalytic converters can get so hot they will catch on fire.

When this is occurring, you have a misfire that needs to be repaired. The P0304 code indicates cylinder number four is the culprit. The P000a code is a camshaft adjustment valve. Either of these could be the main source of your problem. These items are advanced systems and I highly recommend you book an appointment with us to figure this out for you. One of our mobile experts can come to your home to diagnose the misfire firsthand and make the necessary repairs to your car.

I have seen several cars burn to the ground when the owners did not heed the flashing Check Engine Light. Get this taken car of before you drive your car anymore.

Good luck!

3. Car jerking with flashing check engine light.