Q: Transmission problems

Changed transmission valve body and a it's burnt harness.. now it want to drive forward in every gear including neutral. Had some harsh shifting and then lost reverse. First, I changed oil and filter.No change,so I installed a used valve body. It had the same metal stamps and the solenoids ohmed out where they should..4.5 - 5. Shift linkage inside is connected.It only starts in park and neutral.

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your transmission may be having some potentially serious issues. If the issues suddenly appeared after difficult shifting and a noise it could be possible that the transmission suffered some sort of internal damage or issue. I would double check the transmission valve body and harness to make sure that everything is in order. I would pay special attention to harness as it is very likely that it was damaged if the valve body burned for some reason. If the valve body was the same number it is likely the correct one. The symptoms you are experiencing can also be caused by issues with the transmission computer, perhaps due to an internal electrical failure. As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, if you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to determine what may be causing your apparent transmission issues.