Water spilled in back of Prius. Worried about battery l4-...

Q: Water spilled in back of Prius. Worried about battery

asked by on December 21, 2017

Water spilled in th back of my Prius (3 gallons). I want to know if it’s okay to try and turn it on

I would suggest first vacuuming out as much of the water as possible with a shop vacuum to reduce the possibility of the water damaging the battery pack. This is unfortunately a fairly common issue with the Toyota Prius. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect the vehicle before attempting to start or move the vehicle.