Q: High temp in catalytic converter is it normal?

Hi,

I noticed via OBD that both sensors on my catalytic converter are very high. Using OBD app, it read as follow : Catalyst Temp Bank 1, Sensor 1 = 872 F Catalyst Temp Bank 1, Sensor 2 = 870 F

Fuel status : closed Loop using 02 sensor for fuel mixture But O2 sensor 2 is stable around 0.65v, and O2 sensor 1 fluctuating from 0.1 to 0.7v.

Does my catalytic converter gone bad?

Thank you

Nine hundred degrees F. is well within the normal operating temperature range of the catalytic converter. Temperatures within the converter can exceed 1,000 degrees F. or more in certain operating conditions. The post converter oxygen sensor, typically referred to as sensor No. 2, should display a flat voltage profile, typically around 0.5 volts. If the voltage profile of the post converter sensor were in lock step with that displayed by the No. 1 sensor that is actually a sign that the converter is not functioning. The flat profile of the post converter sensor, 0.65 volts in your case, reflects the fact that the converter is using the available oxygen to carry out the required chemical conversions of unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide and so forth. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

3. High temp in catalytic converter is it normal?