Q: car over heating within 2 miles and using all the water in the radiator

asked by on July 07, 2016

Car over heating fast

A thermostat that is stuck closed will cause the engine to overheat quickly. Do not drive it or engine damage will occur! I suggest having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come out and diagnose and repair your cooling system. A technician would typically also pressure test the cooling system and radiator cap, leak check everything, verify normal cooling fan operation, inspect all the hoses, and be sure the accessory belt and tensioner are operating as designed.