Q: Coolant leak causing overheating

A coolant leak is causing my car to overheat. I think a hose might be leaking because the water pump is brand new.

A: If you can see the leak, that is where you ...

If you can see the leak, that is where you need to start. A cooling system cannot operate efficiently with a leak or low level condition. If there are no leaks, the problem could be the thermostat, this is the part that regulates engine temperature. You could also have air trapped in the system that needs purged out. I suggest having a technician, like one from YourMechanic, detect any coolant leaks and make any repairs necessary to get your vehicle back on the road.