Q: When unlocking the door it relocks and window opens halfway

I am having trouble with my keyless entry. This morning when I unlocked the driver’s door and pulled the handle, the door unlocked and then relocked. On my third try to unlock the door, the window came down halfway. The passenger’s door has no problem and unlocks/opens properly. I changed the batteries in both remotes and that solved the driver’s door problem for three days. However, the problem is recurring and now the driver’s door is doing the very same thing again. What can I do to fix this?

A: The door handles on this vehicle are electr...

The door handles on this vehicle are electronic. There may be a fault in communication with the handle and the vehicle or worn contacts inside the door handle sending false signals and causing your concerns. Being an AMG model, the dealership is best equipped to handle the repair of your vehicle. If you would rather not go through the dealership, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to replace the door handle.