Q: Overheating and cutting off while driving

The vehicle is a 1ton 87 chevy 350 5.7 v8 , it has been having issues lately over heating it shuts off while driving. There may even be coolant leaking , and i believe its getting on the piston heads possibly or cyclinders. It also doesnt tell me when its overheating it just shuts off. I even may have to replace the head gaskets not sure too much. The radiator also has no pressure when removed hot. What could be wrong ? My car has 130000 miles.

If the engine is overheating to the point where it’s shutting off and blowning coolant out of the tailpipe, you have a bad situation. A failed distributor or cracked coil may cause the engine to stall when warmed up. Consider hiring an experienced technician to look over the vehicle and check for fuel pressure, spark and good compression. YourMechanic technicians bring the tools to you and perform diagnosis of the overheating and repairs on site.