Q: What does it mean when I go to start my car and the engine doesn't turn on, there is only a click?

When I turn the ignition to start my car, my engine does not start or even try to start, there is only a click and the electronics flash a bit. Does this mean I need a new battery? Or is this an engine problem?

A: Hi, thanks for your question. It seems the ...

Hi, thanks for your question. It seems the problem is in the battery power supply to the car. It could be a bad battery or connections to the battery. It could even be both. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.