Q: Motor making a tapping noise.

Motor is making a tapping nosie and the model of the car is 380 gt

The tapping noise that you are hearing is the lifters on the engine not filling up with the engine oil either due to lack of oil pressure or they are stuck. First check the oil level and make sure that there is oil in the engine. If the oil is full, try changing the engine oil and filter to see if the noise goes away. If the noise is still there, then add 1 quart of transmission oil to the engine and run the engine for 15 minutes at 3,000 rpm’s. This will thin out the oil and clean up the lifters. Then drain the oil and replace the filter and oil. If the noise is still there, then either the oil is not getting to the lifters and the heads need checked for oil pressure or the lifters are stuck and need replaced. If you need further assistance with your tapping noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Motor making a tapping noise.