Q: Why when I change my transmission oil the car did not want to move at all and after it drove a little and then smoke came out that

Why when I change my transmission oil the car did not want to move at all and after it drove a little and then smoke came out that it only drives forward even if it's in neutral and reverse?

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s quite possible that the root issue is something very simple, like a shift solenoid not correctly attached or installed. On an older transmission like your 96’ Camry, it is also possible if the fluid was flushed, that a few inner seals may have been damaged. This can and tends to occur on transmissions older than 10 years. I would double check any electrical connections to the transmission first to see if this resolves your problems. If not, contact a professional mechanic to complete a hard to shift inspection at your location.

3. Why when I change my transmission oil the car did not want to move at all and after it drove a little and then smoke came out that