Q: Why when I change my transmission oil the car did not want to move at all and after it drove a little and then smoke came out that

asked by on December 03, 2017

Why when I change my transmission oil the car did not want to move at all and after it drove a little and then smoke came out that it only drives forward even if it's in neutral and reverse?

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s quite possible that the root issue is something very simple, like a shift solenoid not correctly attached or installed. On an older transmission like your 96’ Camry, it is also possible if the fluid was flushed, that a few inner seals may have been damaged. This can and tends to occur on transmissions older than 10 years. I would double check any electrical connections to the transmission first to see if this resolves your problems. If not, contact a professional mechanic to complete a hard to shift inspection at your location.