Q: Whilst driving the car will cut out. In the begining it would start immediatetly now if it cuts out it doesnt want to start

husband changed clutch plate etc on vehicle . a week after that done the car cuts out, you could start it immediately, it said check engine. we did diagnostics and it showed crankshaft sensor, technician said that the sensor will not warn you it will break, they cleaned the sensor and car was all good for a month after it started again. we did another diagnostic this weekend and codes B1421 and B1441 appears on it. can your air-cooling system makes your car cuts out?? and if so where does these sensors sit.

Hello. I would need to know the model of your Toyota to be able to give you the best information. From what you are telling me though it sounds like the crank sensor harness may be damaged or that one of the main grounds may not have been properly installed when the transmission was put back in. Both of these will cause this to occur.

I usually install a scan tool and watch the crank signal to see if it changes when the stalling occurs. If it does then either the sensor or the harness has a problem. If the reading is fine then the grounds need to be checked for a loose connections.

If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue firsthand and repair this.

• Whilst driving the car will cut out. In the begining it would start immediatetly now if it cuts out it doesnt want to start