Q: Replacing the ignition key cylinder lock.

Do I have to remove the steering wheel to allow me to replace the ignition key cylinder lock? 1988 Dodge Caravan LE with tilt wheel, Cruise control & power steering.

Hi there. You do not need to remove the steering wheel. You will have to remove the upper and lower covers to the steering column. Then remove the locking clip and collar on the ignition switch and push in on the locking tabs on the switch. Then you can remove the ignition switch. Make sure that the battery cables are disconnected before removing the ignition switch. If you need further assistance with your ignition switch, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Replacing the ignition key cylinder lock.