Q: Car keeps dying & wont turn on once turned off. Alternator was tested & it's fine.What else could it be? A new battery was also bought.

asked by on November 01, 2016

My car died on me while i was driving home. I took the battery out and took it to autozone to have it charged. Once it was charged i took it back to my car amd my car started up perfectly. I immediatly drove back to autozone to have my car tested. Battery turned out faulty but everything else was fine. I got my battery replaced with a brans new one. And 3 hours later my car died on me again, as im driving home. My new battery is drained. What could be causing that?

Hi, it sound like you have a ground to chassis issue. What this does is complete a circuit and will slowly drain your battery.

A couple of quick and easy checks is look at your black negative battery cable and check for corrosion. Secondly, check for loose connection on the battery cables and wire harness. Electrical issues are a process of elimination to isolate the issue.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, YourMechanic can send a certified technician to you and troubleshoot this issue with your battery and perform any necessary repairs. Best of luck.