Q: Interested in purchasing a vehicle

I'm interested in purchasing an Audi R8 which is in really nice shape, however it was previously a flood vehicle. It runs and drives fine and the electronics work on it, however it gives an ESP error and the battery drains slowly when it's turned off. Any words of advice or warnings? I'm very familiar with the issues of flood vehicles in general, just looking for more specific answers.

As for the car itself, the Audi R8 is a fantastic car. Very sporty and likely extremely fun to drive. I can see where the option to buy one at a likely discounted price due to the flood damage would be tempting. Although I cannot tell you whether to purchase or not, I can say that I recommend extreme caution when considering purchasing a vehicle with flood damage. Many unknown electrical issues can occur even later down the road that are not currently an issue. In newer vehicles, particularly with high performance vehicles, there are many electronics and computers that could be affected by the flood. Considering that the issues that the vehicle currently has are electronic, I would recommend moving forward with extreme caution if at all. If you’d like, have of our certified automotive technicians perform a pre-purchase inspection for you.