Q: Very high pitch sound coming from engine it's not the belt I think it is a tensioner... any suggestions?

High pitch noise coming from engine ... it's not a belt squeak ... I think it's the tensioner or fly wheel how can I check

To try to isolate where the noise is coming from. I would use a long hose to listen to each pulley as close as I could to each pulley. If I still cannot isolate the noise would try a long screw driver or pry bar against my ear and on the other end near each pulley or bolt to hold it on and see if can isolate the noise. If none of these tools work then take off the serpentine belt to turn each pulley to isolate the bad pulley bearing. If you’re still having problems, YourMechanic offers a repair and diagnosis service preformed by a certified mechanic that will commute to your location to look into this noise issue.

• Very high pitch sound coming from engine it's not the belt I think it is a tensioner... any suggestions?