Q: Engine shaking while in neutral and park

Hi..i just did a valve adjustment...the ticking sound disappeared,, While driving the car, everything seems to be great,,,When coming to a stop or at idle, the engine starts shaking slightly while in drive and reverse..this shake can be felt more and more when the lever is in neutral and park..This wasn't happening before adjusting the valves.. First, does the valve adjustment require further action which if not done would cause the engine to shake for some reason? Second, could it be a TPS issue (maybe),,,or the fuel pressure needs to be adjusted after adjusting the valves? Thank you!

It’s possible you may have disturbed a vacuum hose while you were doing the job, check for that first. But I’m concerned about the valves because If you get the valve clearance too tight, it may develop a miss at idle. This is because the affected cylinder cannot get enough compression to fire at low engine speeds. I recommend you re-visit the valve adjustment right away, because driving with a valve adjusted too tight can quickly lead to a burnt valve. If you don’t find a problem in the valve adjustment, then it’s time to look at other possible causes. If you’d like to have another pair of eyes look at this to be sure, contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check your valve adjustment and your misfire for you.

3. Engine shaking while in neutral and park