Q: Bmw 2005. e90 320i N46, have cel on, code is p0013. Engine is stalling, consumption is higher. What do you suggest?

asked by on September 30, 2016

Bmw 2005. e90 320i N46, have cel on, code is p0013. Engine is stalling, consumption is higher. What do you suggest? What should I change ? Vanos solenoid maybe? Recently I had more errors p111b and p111d. Erased them, they don't show up again.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. P0013 is the code for a malfunction of Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit B (Bank 1). It may be possible that there is an issue with the cam actuator or the Vanos oil control solenoid. If either of those components or the wiring and connectors that go to them are faulty or have any issues they can set off the Check Engine Light. I would start by testing the circuit specified by the trouble code and then going from there. If you need an inspection, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose the Check Engine code and assist with proper repairs.