Q: Clunk Clunk over bumps and potholes

I have a 2006 Saturn ion 3 2.4. I have this strange clunking sound coming from driver side whenever i go over bumps and potholes. So far all the mechanics I have been too, can't find the problem. I have changed sway bar link kit. tie rods and recently the shocks and upper mount plate still same problem. looking at Lower control arm or upper? I'm tired of giving my hard earned money to these so called mechanics.

Clunking or knocking noise from wheels Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Diagnosing a clanking noise when you hit a pot hole or other bumps in the road is incredibly difficult to pinpoint, due to the dozens of moving parts that comprise the steering, drive line and braking system on a Saturn or any other vehicle. However, one item not listed in your list of items replaced is a stabilizer bar bushing. This tends to make a clunking type of noise when it’s worn out and the vehicle goes over larger bumps in the road. To accurately diagnose this problem, it is a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location, complete a test drive and attempt to replicate the noise. This is done during a car is making a noise inspection.