Q: Transmission not shifting into gear.

asked by on February 04, 2017

Car was driving fine until the other day wife her loud clunk. transmission will shift into gear will drive for maybe a few seconds then just revs up does it with all the gears I can shut the van off and let everything reset.start it back up put the transmission in a drive and it will do the same thing run for a few seconds then just revs up

Either the transmission is slipping harshly or something broke inside the transmission making the gear drives not work properly. Make sure that the transmission fluid is full and red in color. If the fluid is full and red in color, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.