Q: Car is making a loud noise coming from the air box because when u apply a little pressure the noise goes away and I just got a new

My car is making a loud sound similar to an exhaust leak it is coming from the air filter housing box or that general area because when I apply pressure to the housing it quiets down

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are absolutely heading in the right direction. If you were to look at a diagram of the filter housing you would see it simply runs to the vents up front. If you can not find a crack, hole, bad clamp, or other obvious fault with the duct or housing, you may want to clean the housing and check it off of the vehicle before resorting to replacing it. It will create a vacuum leak, and cause a loss of power to the engine, and all of the other symptoms that accompany a poorly functioning engine. For more help inspecting or replacing the housing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Car is making a loud noise coming from the air box because when u apply a little pressure the noise goes away and I just got a new