Q: Q: Oil Pressure Light is on.

My oil pressure light just went on yesterday. Drove 3 miles home then shut it off. Drove it today 1 mile and then it came on again. My engine shouldn't be damaged yet right? I'll get it fixed just concerned how bad this is.

Exactly how low the oil level is inside the motor - which caused the Oil Pressure Light to come on - will determine whether or not there may be damage. Chances are, if it just came on briefly, the oil level is just beginning to show low enough to trigger the light to come on. In this case, it should not cause any issues; however, this can quickly change in the event there may be other things wrong.

I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the Oil Pressure Light is on and suggest the needed repairs.

3. Q: Oil Pressure Light is on.