Q: Rattling Noise from somewhere around engine top when idle, goes away with little acceleration

Hi Im pavan. My honda accord 2002 V6 is making weird noise on start up. It is continuous on idle and goes away as soon as i press the acceleration. I sprayed belt conditioner thinking it might be belt. But looks like sound is not from belt.

This is difficult to pinpoint without having the vehicle inspected. Given that the sound goes away upon acceleration, it sounds like it may be something that is loose since the vibration from higher RPM’s makes it go away, however I would recommend having an certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the sound firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs.

• Rattling Noise from somewhere around engine top when idle, goes away with little acceleration