Q: Transmission jerking, missing when accelerating in a 2006 Pontiac g6

asked by on December 10, 2017

My 2006 Pontiac G6 is jerking, slipping sometimes when accelerating..getting worse

Car jerks forward at high speeds Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Your issue might be engine related as opposed to the transmission. If you are looking at it yourself, you’ll want to first check and see if any diagnostic trouble codes have been stored. If not, a real time scanner will be necessary to look at actual engine operating parameters as the vehicle is driven. To obtain a diagnostic such as that you can use YourMechanic’s engine diagnostic service request page. During such a diagnostic, the certified mechanic would come to your location and run through all the possible causes of engine misoperation at speed and those possibilities include exhaust manifold leaks, worn seals or gaskets in the exhaust system, a failing catalytic converter causing exhaust blockages, malfunctioning oxygen sensors, dirty fuel injectors, fuel pump malfunction, faulty spark plugs, a faulty mass airflow sensor, vacuum leaks, and quite a few other potential causes. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.