Q: My car is C180 AMG. My car jerks but when i unplug the airflow meter sensor it drives normal, its a new airflow meter.

My car is C180 AMG. it started jerking, i watched it for awhile, went to change the plugs, but it still continued, then my mechanic said the airflow meter was bad, we changed it but it still jerks so i disconnected the airflow meter and the car drives well now but i am scared i do not still now what the real problem is and the danger of driving without the airflow meter. please help. thank you.

Hello there, many different faults can cause the MAF sensor on your 1999 C180 to cause the car to run poorly. If the MAF sensor was replaced and the problem still remains than the most likely faults are a vacuum leak, wiring harness fault, or lean condition. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your Mass air flow sensor and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

3. My car is C180 AMG. My car jerks but when i unplug the airflow meter sensor it drives normal, its a new airflow meter.