Q: Intermittent Oil Pressure Light shows still, please help!

My car has been in and out of the shop for over a month, the mechanic who is a qualified Herman mechanic and always worked on my cars is even frustrated with it, the sensors were coming up as faulty when they scanned it so they changed the sensors, we've done an oil change, replaced the filter with an Audi one, cleaned pipes and checked for blockages, checked for leaks, checked the oil pump, the oil pressure has improved from good to great and has been tested. However after a few days of driving and only when the car goes above 4000 rpm then the light comes on and once you turn off and restart the car it won't come back on until the car is over 4000rpm. It's very odd. My mechanic has borrowed and driven my car for a day and tested the oil pressure and it doesn't show any issue. I'm out of ideas!

Hi there. Check the oil pressure with the engine at 4000 RPM’s. If the oil pressure is normal and high, then the oil pressure sensor is failing due to engine harmonic vibrations.

If the oil pressure has dropped at 4000 RPM, then the oil galleries in the top of the block could be sludged up. Take one quart of ATF (automatic transmission fluid) and put it in the engine. Run the engine for 15 minutes. Drain out the oil and change the filter and put in new oil. The ATF will clean up all of the oil galleries and clean up the contaminants in the engine. If you need further assistance diagnosing your Oil Light issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.

3. Intermittent Oil Pressure Light shows still, please help!