Q: Car & lock symbol

asked by on December 23, 2016

So recently my car went in and got my holden Cruze 2011 JH series 2 CDX,engine refurbished. I got my car back and the engine light was on. I was told this is still fine to drive. Couple weeks on my car and lock light has come on never seeing this before. My car randomly doesn't start, it will shake every time I'm sitting as if it's going to stall. To turn the car on I now cannot have radio, air con or any type of power source on. The car is just not working how it should be. I have never seen this light it will come on sometimes and sometimes not. It can stay on or can turn off when turning the car off and on. This morning it stayed on. I had to turn the car off in which it didn't start again.... so I had to turn the radio off and it started. I drove it back home straight away. Why can't I turn my car on with out the radio or air con on? I could before... why does it sound like my battery is always dead, and why is this light coming on?!

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be experiencing one of several issues. The lock and car symbol and warning light you are seeing is saying that the anti-theft system has been activated. Your owner’s manual should give more information on how to reset this light. This may also be what is causing the parasitic draw on the battery. If the anti-theft system is stopping the vehicle from wanting to start, it may be contributing to the starting issues. The first thing you should do is try to deactivate the security system. From there you will want to have the vehicle scanned and see what codes are setting off the check engine light. Since the check engine light has been on since you left the shop, you may want to consider speaking to them about what was done. For more help diagnosing the warning lights, contact our service department.