Q: My Toyota Will not move in reverse when the engine is hot

Hello. This is my question.My automatic car reverse gare not working when engine hot. And when it cool at the start it work but latter it not working.

If your car will reverse in when cold but not when hot, it’s likely that you’re looking at a mechanical failure in the transmission. automatic transmissions use hydraulic pressure to operate the various clutches and bands that shift the gears. When the fluid in the transmission is cold, it is thicker so the pressure will be higher. Then as it warms up, the fluid thins out, the pressure drops, and a transmission that is marginal will no longer have enough pressure to operate. You might be able to get a little more life out of it with a fluid replacement, but that might not help at all at this point. But I’m just telling you what I can from this desk. To have the car properly diagnosed, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your Toyota and tell you what it’s going to take to solve your problem.

3. My Toyota Will not move in reverse when the engine is hot