Q: Tail gate won't release

asked by on October 18, 2016

Tail gate right side rod has come off how do I fix it handle won't release

Trunk does not lock or open Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. The rods connect to the center control handle using plastic clips and these clips or the handle breaks. You will need to have a mechanic remove the inner tailgate cover to gain access to the latch handle and lock rods. Once the problem is identified then the clips or handle can be replaced. For further help with this, have an expert inspect the car and proceed with the correct adjustments.