Q: Q: What does the Low Tire Pressure warning light mean?

What does the Low Tire Pressure warning light mean?

Your Altima is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). It’s designed to keep track of the amount of air in your tires. If one of them drops below the threshold, the system turns on the Low Tire Pressure warning light in the dash (it resembles a tire with an exclamation point inside). However, it doesn’t tell you which tire is low. You should also see a text notification in the information center. Here’s what to do:

1. Pull over somewhere safe.

2. Park the car.

3. Visibly inspect all four tires.

4. If none of them appears to be low, use a tire pressure gauge.

5. Add air to any that are below the correct amount (check the driver side door placard for PSI ratings).

Tip

• If the Low Tire Pressure light is flashing, and then stays on for a minute, indicates a malfunction with the TPMS system.
  3. Q: What does the Low Tire Pressure warning light mean?