Q: Steering wheel stiffen and battery light comes on the car shout completely down

asked by on October 19, 2017

Steering wheel stiffen and battery light comes on the car shout completely down

Hi Paquita. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The stiff steering wheel is a symptom of a vehicle stalling. The power steering system on your Lexus requires power from the alternator to operate correctly. When the car stalls, the alternator shuts off. If your car is shutting off while you drive, then it’s likely caused by a fuel pump relay or an ignition system component that is faulty. There are multiple possibilities of damaged parts, so it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an inspection. This will allow them to identify the source of your problem, so the right repairs can be made.