Q: Transmission shift solenoids

Had code p0780 code pop up (shift malfunction) read online it's a solenoid . What one would it be? Has hard 1st shift kinda 2nd And how many solenoids are on the transmission and what are they ?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Your particular car is very prone to complete transmission failure, so I would not personally attempt to make repairs to the transmission, as it likely won’t fix the problem, or may act simply as a bandage, extending the life just a bit longer before failing completely. With 240,000 miles, it’s time to decide if you want to put a transmission in the car, or if you want to let it go.

If you do decide to replace the transmission, only use a new or rebuilt only, as all Accord’s from this generation were prone to transmission failure. Putting in a used transmission will likely result in another failure. If you’d like to have the car looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help diagnose your Check Engine Light code in greater detail and pinpoint your problem. Good luck.