Q: I have a remote starter that won’t start my car

My remote key can lock and unlock my car but the engine start doesn’t work

It is not clear if only the remote start feature is not working or the engine won’t start use conventional, in car starting as well. If just the remote start function is not working, the problem is likely in the transmitter or the receiver. If the vehicle won’t start under any circumstances (whether remote or in-car attempts) then there is a fault in the starting circuit. In either case, be sure the engine immobilizer is not active as that will surely prevent the car from starting. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the mechanic will resolve this. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a remote starter that won’t start my car