Q: How do you operate the windshield wipers?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you operate the windshield wipers?

Your car’s wipers provide you with the ability to see clearly out the windshield during inclement weather, as well as to operate the windshield washer system to clean the glass. Here’s how to use them:

• The ignition must be on.

• Turn the knob at the end of the turn signal switch to set your wipers to intermittent and adjust the speed/delay.

• Turn the knob forward to select low or high speed wiping (after cycling through intermittent).

• Press the button at the end of the knob to spray washer fluid. The wipers will automatically come on and wipe three times.

• Press the button for a longer period and the wipers will work for up to 10 seconds.

Tips

• If the washer fluid reservoir is empty, don’t try to use the sprayer. Dry operation can damage the pump, causing it to burn out.

• If you have automatic lights, and they’re in auto mode, the lights will come on by themselves when the wipers are turned on.