Q: Rough idle after sensor and rear seal changed

asked by on December 20, 2016

Engine sensor fault code. Sensor changed.Fault cleared.Engine started and ran for 1 day and went into limp mode. Car towed into dealership to have rear main seal and sender wheel replaced.car starts but has rough idle.cam sensor tested ok. Dealer says seal was installed correctly but i suspect the TDC was not set to cylinder 1.what are the symptoms of TDC being set 180degrees off?Dealer is now wanting to change ECU that appears to be working fine and exhibited no issue prior to these changes?

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Sounds like the dealership technician may have removed some vacuum lines to get to the rear main seal and may have not put them back on. Check the back of the engine to see if any vacuum lines are disconnected. When installing a crankshaft position sensor, the computer will automatically adjust the timing. Another thing is check the transmission bell housing area for the vibrations. It is possible that the bolts to the torque converter could be loose or replaced if they were lost or broken. If you need further assistance with your engine vibrating after the rear main seal is replaced, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.