Q: Car stalling and giving code P1131.

My car keeps stalling. The Check Engine light is on and I get code P1131.

A: Hello. P1131 indicates an issue with one of...

Hello. P1131 indicates an issue with one of your oxygen sensors. When this code appears it is because the oxygen sensor that is closest to the engine is not switching or varying voltage. More than likely this sensor will need to be replaced. The best way to test the sensor is with a computer scan tool that reads live engine data to see if the oxygen sensor is switching or not. This stalling test should be performed by a certified technician that has the correct tools for the job, like one from YourMechanic.