Q: At green light, accelerated, engine revved, but car barely moved

After exiting the highway and stopping at a red light, I turned the corner. When I accelerated, the engine revved to 4,000 RPM but the car hardly moved. I was going about 5 mph. This almost resulted in an accident. My car limped to a parking lot and out of danger. I still couldn’t get my car to drive and the ‘loss of traction’ and the ‘tire pressure’ warning lights were on. I then turned off the car and did a check of it but found nothing visibly wrong. Got back into my car, it started as if there had never been a problem. This experienced was very scary. Can you tell me what caused it?

A: Hello. It sounds like that there was a glit...

Hello. It sounds like that there was a glitch inside the TCM, known as the transmission control module. There is a TCM update available for your vehicle. Call your dealership to see if the update has been done already or not. Updating the computer with the new software may fix your problem. If it turns out your car is up to date and you decide to get this fixed, contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose the acceleration issue you experienced and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.