Q: Chevy Malibu wouldn't start after short drive, let sit few days and it started and ran great for a week now it won't start again,

asked by on August 22, 2017

Car wouldn't start after short drive to store, i let it sit for couple days before trying to start it , and it started right up and ran great for a week, plenty power, idle was great,started easy after long or short trips.Now it won't start again, i can hear fuel pump hum for couple seconds when key is on , sprayed starting fluid into air intake and it ran as long as I kept spraying ..frustrating to point of losing sleep..thank you for your time.. John

You need to check to see if you have ignition spark to spark plugs and check to see if you have fuel pressure at the fuel injectors. Scan the computer for stored codes to see if you have a code to the mass air sensor, camshaft or crankshaft sensors. All of these can cause no start.