Q: Navigation screen system says "program cannot be read" after new car battery was put in.

Car would not start. AAA jumped battery and then installed new battery. Now Navigation display information screen does not work properly and displays the message "A program cannot be read"

Hi there. You will need to do a hard reset on the vehicle if your navigation system is factory in design. Disconnect the battery and turn the headlights on. Hold your foot on the brake pedal for 1 minute and then let off. This will reset the system. Now reconnect the battery and see if the navigation system will operate. If you need further assistance with your navigation system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.