Q: Throttle

asked by on December 23, 2016

Throttle is not picking

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote

If I am understanding your question correctly, your throttle is not responding when you press the gas pedal. This can be caused by a few different things, depending on the year and make of the vehicle in question. Most commonly, this is a result of a faulty throttle position sensor on modern day vehicles. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to you home to diagnose your vehicle’s running condition.